Thursday, June 25, 2009

A MESSAGE FROM RICH ONEIL

ED. NOTE: The following was a post under Bakersfield Life Magazine, but I thought you all might miss it, so I'm posting it separately. The highlights and text enlargements were added by me because I want to draw your attention to these facts. This has been a LONG effort that many of us are just getting involved in. Contact Rich, listen to what he has to say, and give him your support.
Equestrians;
Hello. Allow me to introduce myself. (I have never blogged. so I hope this works). My name is Rich Oneil. I am a member of the Kern River Parkway Foundation and Committee. I have worked on the Kern River Parkway or aka, River corridor through Bakersfield since 1974. I have worked on (with many other people) the trail systems along the Kern River since then. That includes the Horse Trail, the Jogging Trail, and the Bike Path--seeking funding. purchase of property, signing, and preservation. --as well as Yokuts Park, Riverwalk Park, staging areas, etc.
I mention this little bit of local history so that I might encourage everyone to " work together ".
The River is used by many people and folks of many varied interests. If we can work together, we can continue to build, map, plan, fund, and preserve the equestrian trail from the mouth of the Kern Canyon to Lake Buena Vista.
For purposes of introduction, I count as my friends and co-workers on the River Plan, the following: Roberta and Billie Robertson, Marian Vargas, Carolyn Belli, Marci Cunningham, Donna Yowell..
I would like to share with you much more current and possibly (of which you might already know) news about the Horse trails along the River. I know that you have much information that also might be useful to the Kern River Parkway Foundation.
My phone number is 706-1096.
e-mail is richoneil99@hotmail.com
Sincerely, rich oneil
Also, this is another note from Rich received through an email from Marion,
Judging from recent BC news articles about the river trails and Parkway features, we (us) do not do a good enough job of communicating with one another (organizations). How about , we have a meeting or party whereby all non-profit and other organizations using the Kern River Corridor, get together and share ideas and plans. We all want and need clean water and shady trails along the river. Melissa, are you still willing to help plan this party? Keep brain storming! rich

No comments: